March 30, 2012

REVIEW: Breathe by Abbi Glines

*Note: This is the PB cover
Title: Breathe (Sea Breeze #1)
Author: Abbi Glines
Publisher: Wild Child Publishing
Published: 17 May 2011
Format: Kindle ebook
Sadie White's summer job isn't going to be on the beach life-guarding or working at rental booths like most kids her age. With her single mother's increasing pregnancy and refusal to work, Sadie has to take over her mother's job as a domestic servant for one of the wealthy summer families on a nearby island.

When the family arrives at their summer getaway, Sadie is surprised to learn that the owner of the house is Jax Stone, one of the hottest teen rockers in the world. If Sadie hadn't spent her life raising her mother and taking care of the house she might have been normal enough to be excited about working for a rock star.

Even though Sadie isn't impressed by Jax's fame, he is drawn to her. Everything about Sadie fascinates Jax but he fights his attraction. Relationship's never work in his world and as badly as he wants Sadie, he believes she deserves more. By the end of the summer, Jax discovers he can't breathe without Sadie.
My Review:
Abbi Glines never ceases to me amaze with her books. Breathe is Abbi’s debut novel and I believe this is where all the magic started because this has to be my favorite of all the books she’s ever written and each of her books are incredible in their own way. Breathe just touched me more so than the others. It’s really heartfelt and so deep, I was more than swept away. 



I love the simplicity of the story and how Abbi was able to take an average girl, Sadie, and a rockstar, Jax, and weave them into this beautiful love story that will be forever etched into my heart and soul. Abbi truly does have a way with words and I’ve always loved the flow and fluidity of her writing and she brings it home in Breathe. I was so mesmerized while reading Breathe that I never ever wanted to leave the story that Abbi created.



Sadie has to be my most favorite main character of all characters Abbi has created. Sadie has this real fierce independence, she’s so determined, she’s confident and she really sets her mind on things. I was able to connect with her emotionally and mentally. I love how selfless she was and how she put herself above others. I really like that she didn’t depend on anyone but herself and that if she wanted something, she was going to get it or die trying. When she takes on her mom’s job as a domestic servant, I had no doubt she could do it. She just exuded this inner strength that made be believe she could handle anything. 



Jax Stone had me head over heels in love with him the moment he smiled that crooked smile of his. He just seemed so perfect. He was charming and sweet and downright lovable. I loved this innocence he had on the things he missed from being famous. There’s so much more to him than being a rockstar and I loved how Sadie and the readers get to see that. He really cared for Sadie. He loved and accepted her despite her situation and all the circumstances. Jax Stone made me want to close my eyes, crawl into his lap and stay there forever.

I adored the blossoming romance in Breathe. I thought it was absolutely wonderful how Jax and Sadie slowly got to know the each other, became friends and then turned out to be these two people who were so in love that I felt it inside of me. Their love was breath-taking and so inspirational. So full of real emotion. Their relationship was everything I hoped for and more. It was ough to see everything they went through; all the troubles and heartache. I couldn’t help but hope and pray that it would all work out in the end. I was rooting for the both of them because I knew they needed each other. I knew that they belonged together like no one else. So it really broke my heart to see Sadie so sad. I felt her pain and sorrow like it was my own. Like a thousand knives stabbing you all at once. My heart shattered for Sadie. To watch this girl go from being this strong person who was full of life and break down the way she did was just too much for me to handle. It was heart-breaking and I wanted nothing more than to comfort her.



Another one of Abbi’s many talents is being able to make the reader fall in love with all the other secondary characters. I definitely had a soft spot for Marcus. He was such a sweetheart. He became Sadie’s first friend in the mansion and I loved how he felt this deep need to protect her. I couldn’t help but love him too, so it made me really sad how things went down for him. I thought he took it very well. Another character I loved was Ms. Mary. Sadie really needed a mother figure and she got one from Ms. Mary. It really touched me to see how much Ms. Mary loved and cared for Sadie. She treated Sadie like her own daughter, like she was always a part of the family and their moments together brought tears to my eyes. I also enjoyed Amanda, Preston and Jason. They were great characters that really brought the story together.

Overall, Breathe is another one of Abbi’s magical, heart-warming, and swoon-worthy creations that will make you smile to no end and wish you had a rockstar boyfriend just like Jax. It’s a fairy-tale dream come true <3



My Rating: 5 out of 5 ROCKSTARS!


 


Get to know Abbi & her amazing books:
Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Purchase Breathe:
Paperback | Kindle ebook

Want a signed copy of Breathe? Or want to read excerpts?
Just go HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Great Review. I love this book to, well I love all her books actually, but I thought this one was really special also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3