June 28, 2012

Theme Song Thursday (2)


Theme Song Thursday is hosted and created by my favorite: Jena @ Shortie Says where you choose a book you've read or are currently reading and pair it with a song that you think describes the book and why.

This week I chose to do a book that I absolutely LOVED. One that affected me like no other dystopian novel could. I couldn't pick just one song to describe this book, so I ended up with two songs.

The Book:


Song #1:

The Beauty & the Tragedy - Trading Yesterday




I love this song as a whole, but for me, it fits Delirium because of these lyrics:



For I am finding out that love will kill and save me
Taking the dreams that made me up
And tearing them away
But the same love will take this heart that's barely beating
And fill it with hope beyond the stars
Only love


I feel like these lyrics describe Lena and Alex's love and their overall relationship. How they're both learning to love one another, how they know that their love saves one another, makes them whole, but it's also their love that will ultimately tear them apart. Even though their love is dangerous, it's worth it because their love brings hope. 

And these lyrics:



Another day, another sunrise
Washing over everything
In its time, love will be mine
The beauty and the tragedy


Another place is where their love can thrive. Another time is where Lena and Alex can have their love without hiding. Their love is beautiful, but tragic all at once.

Song #2:

In My Veins - Andrew Belle

If you've read Delirium, the perfect part to play this song is the end of the book. That heartbreaking ending. This song plus that ending broke me so bad I still can't bring myself to read Pandemonium just yet.



Nothing goes as planned.
Everything will break.
People say goodbye.
In their own special way.
All that you rely on
And all that you can fake
Will leave you in the morning
But find you in the day

Oh you're in my veins
And I cannot get you out
Oh you're all I taste
At night inside of my mouth
Oh you run away
Cause I am not what you found
Oh you're in my veins
And I cannot get you out.

It must have been fate when this song played the exact moment I reached the end of Delirium. Tears were streaming down my face because this song described that end for Lena and Alex perfectly. And even when I finished reading the book, this song became my solace.

---
So what do you think? Did the songs I choose go with the book? Are there any other songs you think go with Delirium? 
Let me know in the comments below! I'd love to hear your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Omgomgomg, PERFECT songs! I absolutely LOVED Delirium and seriously, that book messed with me like no other dystopian could!

    I love Trading Yesterday's Shattered but i haven't heard this one yet! And Andrew Belle...dude, he's a geniuuuuus! How funny too, i was just listening to this same exact song earlier!

    You need to hurry up and read Pandemonium - can't wait to see how you'll react at the end, lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh my mother effer <3 THE FIRST SONG is amazing and perfect! And I don't know it but I love IT. YAY NEW SONG FOR ME TO PUT ON REPEAT!!! <3

    AND OH MY FUCK BUCKETS. In my veins is one of my favorite songs<3 and I agree this song is perfect for like the last 1/4 of the book. Great choices girl!! <33

    And you NEEEEEED to read pandemonium!! Is extremely good. I'm still Team Alex because I'm in love with him lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3