December 16, 2013

REVIEW: Wicked Heat by Nicola Marsh

Wicked Heat by Nicola Marsh (Feel the Heat #1)
Publisher: Entangled Brazen
Publication Date: September 2, 2013
Rating: 4.5/5 stars
Get it: Amazon | B&N | Kobo
Competitors by day, lovers by night…

Allegra Wilks has had the worst month of her personal and professional life. To save her company, she must go on her would-be honeymoon and land the luxury eco-island resort’s lucrative advertising account. But when a lingerie mishap leads her into the arms of a wickedly distracting Australian, Allegra’s tempted to skip the trip and explore the most sensual kiss she’s ever experienced. Too bad their chance encounter at the airport is just that.

Having recently lost his company to his former best friend’s shady business tactics, Jett Alcott is headed to a South Pacific resort to secure an advertising account that will resurrect his reputation and career. Realizing the tantalizing Allegra Wilks is on his flight, Jett envisions a week filled with business and pleasure. But Jett doesn’t know Allegra’s fighting for the same account, or that there’s more at stake than his heart.

My Review
Another Brazen book that goes above and beyond when it comes to romance and seduction. Wicked Heat by Nicola Marsh really brings in all the elements of why I adore the Brazen line so much: steamy scenes, chemistry that pours off the page, and witty entertainment from characters that are easy to fall in love with. 

Jett and Allegra give the title of this book some serious justice. These two don’t just heat up the pages, they were freaking on fire. I absolutely loved these two together, whether they were going back and forth with their clever banter, being totally swoon worthy sweet and especially their steamy scenes that made me wish I was the one all over Jett. These two were just burning with electricity and chemistry. I adored Jett because in his cocky, charming and smooth side, there was a vulnerable guy who had doubts, fears, and insecurities. It was something I don’t normally see when it comes to guys. He laid it all out on the table and I loved him for that. Allegra was an amazing character as well because she was feisty, intelligent, and thoughtful. I loved that she was innocent, but confident even in her uncertainty. I thought she was very sexy in a subtle way and that she was just as ambitious and determined as Jett was. I just thought Allegra and Jett were meant for each other; they were just too cute!


I really like the way Marsh took Jett and Allegra’s story. I always enjoy a book where love and career is at stake and I thought Marsh played out everything in a very realistic, yet romantic way. It was never over the top and always believable and genuine. Marsh also tackled flings turning into love and commitment and issues of trust and relinquishing control when it came to relationships. I really loved the way she brought these two together, the conflict she put them through and how they ended up when I finished. I think my own complaint would be that I wanted more Jett and Allegra at the end. They were just so perfect, I couldn’t get enough!


Overall, Wicked Heat was a fast-paced, humorous and sexy read. Nicola Marsh, I want more please!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this book, too. You know you and me are Brazen buds! Lol. Jett was def a great male character and I liked the story line. I'll def be checking out more from her. Great review!

    Vi
    AKA Vi3tBabe
    Deity Island

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3