February 24, 2014

REVIEW: Dirty Trick by Christine Bell

Dirty Trick by Christine Bell (Perfectly Matched #1)
Publisher: Entangled Brazen
Publication Date: September 23, 2013
Rating: 5/5 stars
Get it: Amazon | B&N
This matchmaker’s about to meet her match…

Grace Love is lousy with men. She can spot a match for someone else a mile away, and her balls-on instincts are why her matchmaking business is thriving, but finding her own Prince Charming? The only guy who makes her sixth sense tingle is her playboy best friend, Trick, and no way is she risking their friendship, no matter how hot she knows the sex will be.

SWAT officer Trick Matthews is a patient guy, but Grace’s inability to see what’s right in front of her is grinding on his last nerve. Yeah, he blew his shot at breaking out of the friend zone when he tamped down the urge to lick her from head to toe the day they met, but he’s got a plan that’ll change her mind. Incognito at Salem’s hottest Halloween party, he’ll show her exactly how good they could be…and that he’s the man for her.


My thoughts, feelings, and reactions
Christine Bell really stepped up her game with her new Brazen book, Dirty Trick. Not even a page in and I was completely hooked! By the end, I was half blown away and half upset that I had finished it. I thought Dirty Trick was damn near perfect from the wittiness, the sexiness, and my god, don’t even get me started on Trick. It had absolutely everything I loved and it reminded me just how much I adore Bell’s writing style. 



Lets start with independent, super cool, extremely funny Grace Love. I absolutely adored and cherished her the moment she showed up on page. I loved that she had both fragility and strength within her and how she was smart but shy and guarded too. Sometimes she didn’t know what she was doing, but I found her to be very endearing and sweet. I loved her devotion and passion for her job and how much she cared for those she held dear to her. 



Trick was absolutely amazing. Sure, his approach was wrong, but I would be lying if I said it wasn’t hot and sexy. He had good intentions for Grace and I loved that he finally stepped up to win her heart once and for all. I had no doubts when it came to his love for Grace; it was true all the way. I appreciated the way he helped Grace gain more confidence and finally put her past demons behind her. He was the sweetest, kindest, most loving person ever, he was nothing short of perfect. 



I’m a sucker for a friends-to-lovers trope, but even more so now that I have lived, breathed, and loved Trick and Grace. I think these two completely moved all the other friends to lovers couples I have loved in the past and became number one. Their chemistry was explosive and their scenes together were dynamite but tender and gentle too. Whether they were friends or lovers, they just belonged.



I was utterly impressed and floored by this book. I was thoroughly entertained and riveted by every aspect and I probably swooned more than a few times. I enjoyed the match making service Grace ran with her best friend and the “tingles” she felt. I thought it was a great addition to the novel that kept the ball rolling for Grace professionally, but also helped her romantically without her realizing it to begin with. 



Dirty Trick was very well written and had the perfect amount of wit and romance matched with the realistic and authentic scenes between Trick and Grace. Bell definitely made me laugh, made my heart beat faster and she sure as hell made me smile all throughout the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3